Transport Canada has suspended the reporting of the Annual Airworthiness Information report for 2023. So if you were anxiously waiting for your…
Thank you for visiting - we are very EXCITED about this new division to YAS
NAV CANADA AIC 23/21
– This new AIC advises that VHF Direction Finding (VDF) equipment is being taken out of service due to the proliferation of global navigation satellite system (GNSS) positioning equipment. References to VDF are being removed from all aeronautical publications. The changes will be effective on 07 October 2021. The link to the AIC can be found here.
Changes to ELT Requirements - As per Aeronautics Act Amendment, effective 25 November 2020
Commercial Operators: One year from November 25, 2020 all 702, 703, 705, 705 operators must install a 406 ELT in your aircraft.
Flight Training Units (FTU): One year from November 25, 2020 FTU's that are commercially registered and operate beyond 25 nautical miles from their operating base must install a 406 ELT in your aircraft.
Private / Recreational Operators: Five years from November 25, 2020 you must install a 406 ELT in your aircraft.
The 406 ELT requires a 24-month Performance Test. Annually, an operation test must be done. An operation test need to be done IAW with AC571.025 which means test equipment is required. It is not part of elementary work.
WE ARE PROUD TO PROVIDE YOU WITH FOLLOWING AVIONICS SERVICES.
1. Transponder Certification
- Transponder and Encoder recertification and correlation tested in compliance with CARS 571.02, Appendix F.
- Altimeter recertification and correlation tested in compliance with CARS 571.02, Appendix G.
- Pitot/Static System Leak Test
Please call the office (1-800-776-4656) to make an appointment. For us to be prepared to certify your transponder, we will inquire about your Part Number, Serial Number, and any information in regards to your previous certification.
2. ELT Recertification
- Your ELT will be performance tested and certified in accordance with Transport Canada Regulations (Chapter 571 Appendix G).
- Replacement of batteries, if required and/or upon request.
- Your ELT will be externally cleaned
- Minor repairs in house, for major repairs we will send it out to the manufacturers on your behalf if requested.
The following is a list of ELT models we currently certify.
ELT 121.5 MHz Models We Service:
ACK E-01, Ameri-King AK-450, Artex 110/100 HM Series, Dorne & Margolin DM 6 Series, Narco ELT 10
ELT 406 MHz Models We Service:
ACK E-04, Ameri-King AK-451 Series, Artex C406, Artex 345 & ME-406 Series, Kannad 406 AF-COMPACT
Download our Brochure Here
We're There to Keep You in the Air!